Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Arrival

I had mixed feelings on the comic "The Arrival". The art was definitely the best part about the comic. It was beautifully rendered; both the people and the environments had gorgeous detail. Although in some cases I felt a little confused with what was going on in the story. Although I think I got the overall gist of what was going on, parts where they switched to what happened to different characters sometimes put me off balance. In those moments I wished that there was some sort of dialog to explain what was happening, as well as explain why those monster-like creatures were there. The whole thing had a very surreal feel to it. The realistic people, paired with the fantastic environment and the cartoonish creatures.  Overall, I wasn't sure I liked the story, and the thing that really made me enjoy the comic was the art itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment