Monday, April 23, 2012

Come to Venus Melancholy

This was kind of an odd story. I can honestly say that I really like it, but I think the only reason that I do is because it reminds me of some of the characters from one of my favorite video games, Portal 2. The slightly crazy rambling was kind of amusing, and made the speaker oddly likeable, despite the fact that she had apparently locked me as the reader in some room. I got the impression that there was a kind of love hate thing going on between the machine and the user/reader (like it usually is with all machines) and in some areas of the story she seemed a little bit menacing. Especially when she commented that she would leave open a trap door for you to go in, but didn't promise that she would leave it open.I find that this type of character is usually the most fun to read, I'm mildly disappointed that this wasn't longer and more developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment