Sunday, February 26, 2012

Warbreaker

This is probably one of the most interesting fantasy stories I've read since Harry Potter. I enjoy how the writer brings the beauty of color up to such great importance to the characters, how it's a part of their soul, and their power. I also found the religious struggles to be a very interesting comparison between that world and our own. Sadly, I know that there are people (very powerful and religious people) who are corrupt, and attempt to corrupt their own God to heighten their importance in life. 
Unfortunate;y, I did feel as though there was one major flaw in the story (and it's mostly my own fault) is that a story that has different plots happening one after the other, and that typically doesn't work very well for me. Although I know in the end they'll tie up together in the end, I tend to skip the sections I don't find quite as interesting so I can get back to the other story plots. I did this especially with the character Vivenna, since I usually found her to be the least favorite (and most irritating)  of the main characters. I understand I probably missed a few "aha!" moments, but usually something would happen with the other characters, it would go to her story and I'd think "noooo, I don't wanna wait to know what happens!" and end up skipping ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment