Saturday, April 6, 2013

Skip Beat

The manga I read this week was called Skip Beat. For the most part, I actually really enjoyed the series a lot. There was a certain kind of wicked humor to it that I don't normally see in a lot of manga. Also, the life of the main character felt very similar to what I'm sure a lot of students (especially ones in the artistic industry) feel, the ones who are also trying to get noticed by the more powerful people who judge if you are talented enough to be a part of them. I really felt a connection with the main character, and the other characters are also very likeable, even when they aren't really suppose to be.  I only had a bit of a problem with the layout. Occasionally I would get confused with who was talking. There were also times where people were talking "over" one another and I would sometimes forget what was said by some person previously. Though I really liked the art style, the artist also seems to have a bad habit of making "same faces". Sometimes certain characters look so similar that I'm not sure who is who. I wouldn't have had such a big issue with it if it only happened to the minor characters, but he's also made near doppelgangers to the main characters as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment