Sunday, March 31, 2013

Battle Angel Alita

Reading Japanese manga is usually a bit odd for me. I usually think of the Asian culture as being very reserved. However, whenever I read manga, especially the ones that are like Battle Angel Alita, I can't help but think Japan's very weird, maybe a bit more so than Americans in some cases. The sexy half woman half machine character that can do pretty much anything seems to be very popular within Japanese manga. My problem with these types of characters (the very strong fighter ones that can do anything) this usually sets up a very typical story line that I see a lot within the action genre. Hero goes off on an adventure, hero finds friends, hero gets into a battle that they have trouble, mid battle the hero SOMEHOW gets stronger and wins. In some Manga it works for me, in most I've gotten bored quickly. That happened here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment